1998 Belgian Warmblood, approved for Hanoverian and Rheinland breeders. 16.2hh, bay.
Imported from Belgium to Australia as a three-year-old, exported back to Europe at a 12-year-old. Does not carry the chestnut gene.
- Three-time Australian National Showjumping champion: 2007, 2008, 2009.
- Traveling reserve for the Beijing Jumping team, 2008.
- Winner of the Australian League of the World Cup 2009/10.
- Represented Australia at the World Cup finals Geneva 2010.
- Finishing 7th overall, including 4th in the final Grand Prix class, Australia's highest ever final finish.
- Won and placed at every 4 and 5 star European show he contested, including leading horse San Patriano 5 star show, Italy, 4th Grand Prix Weisbarden.
- 2nd Grand Prix De Steeg, 4th Grand Prix, Balve. 5th overall on the Riders Tour.
- Australian Team at the World Equestrian Games, Kentucky, USA, 2010, the team finished 7th and Vivant was the best Australian score in the Nations Cup, Clear round and only a foot in the water in the second round.
- He competed for the Urkraine at the 2012 London Olympics
- Vivant was an outstanding 8th individually at the World Equestrian Games in France 2014 and continues at 17 years of age to win and place at the highest levels, 4 star, 5 star and Global Champions Tour - Is Rio on the cards for this extraordinary horse?
Vivant is no accidental athlete. He combines the best of French bloodlines on the sire's side and classic Belgium on the dam's side. He does not appear to carry the chestnut gene.
SIRE: FUEGO DU PRELET. – a Grand Prix performer himself and by the legend Jalisco B. [Sire of Quidam de Revel, Quito de Baussy, Rochet M, Olisco, Papillion Rouge etc]. Fuego is the magic cross – Jalisco B/ Uriel, Feugo is also the damsire of the Current World Champion ‘Zenith’.
DAM: SCALINI VAN DE HEFFINCK -- jumped 1.40 herself before producing Vivant and two full sisters. She is by Landino, another 1.60 jumper, by Landgraf. Her damsire Hedjaz is also the damsire of Otteronga, 4th individual at the Sydney Games and Sapphire – a superstar under Maclain Ward.
Vivant’s pedigree contains many valuable crosses to legendary thoroughbreds, so it’s no surprise that he is producing eventers as well, the standout so far, being Virgil and Shane Rose. Full pedigree here.
Semen available in New Zealand at Equibreed NZ – call Lee Morris and the team for details 07 8701845
Standing at Chris and Helen Chugg's Diamond B Farm in New South Wales. Find them on Facebook @DiamondBFarm.