Anamour – the ongoing legacy of a wonderful stallion. By Robin Potter
Anamour was imported into New Zealand in 1995 as a result of the wonderful work done by the late Patricia Dalrymple in facilitating the process to syndicate and purchase him.
He has produced over 350 Hanoverian registered foals, from which there are 82 Studbook mares and countless successful sports horses.
- One Olympic dressage horse – that also qualified for World Equestrian Games (with two different riders) Antonello (Winnebago) B. Ana Simson
- One International 4* Eventing Champion Henton Attorney General (Distelfink) B. Henton Lodge Hanoverians
- Horse Of the Year Dressage Champion on six occasions
KH Arvan (Dynamit) 2, Antonello (Winnebago) 3, KH Ambose (Winterkoenig).
One 3* (Henton Attorney General) and one 2* Henton After Dark (Distelfink) Eventing Champion
- 23 of the Dressage bred horses have attained FEI level – and of those 14 are at Grand Prix level
- Numerous National and Horse of the Year Champions in Dressage, Show Jumping, Eventing, Young Dressage Horse (3) and Showing.
- His daughters have produced one World Cup Dressage finalist – DeJaVu MH (De Niro), one World Dressage Championships finalist -Jax Johnson (Johnson KWPN), numerous Horse of the Year Dressage Champions at various levels, one 5* Eventing horse competing abroad – Henton First Lady (For Edition), Horse of the Year Show Hunter Champion – Dawn(Dream Boy), one Young Dressage Horse Champion – Sartorial Hit SW (Sarkozy) and in total 13 have reached FEI level dressage of which 5 have competed at Grand Prix level.
Of the Studbook mares, four have attained 3* status through the endeavours of their progeny.
***Adelheid MH is out of imported mare St.Pr.St Welkantje (Weltmeyer/Pik Bube I). Her best-known son is DeJaVu MH (De Niro) that represented New Zealand at the World Cup Dressage Finals in Omaha, Nebraska along with New Zealand National titles.2019 Horse of the Year, Don Amour MH (Don Frederico) and full sibling Don Vito MH is currently highly rated at Grand Prix. All bred by Matthews Hanoverians.
***Anastasia is out of Beth x (One Pound Sterling xx) B. Gary and Wendy Freeman has produced Grand Prix horse Rosari Don Carlos (Don Frederico) B. Fiona McCrostie and Sartorial Hit SW (Sarkozy) B. Sheena M Ross.
***Winter Abelia is out of Winter Weigela (Winterkoenig) B. Judith Wear, and she has produced two Adnvaced dressage horses. Layla Lamour (Limonit) B. Hanna Wain and Christine Smithies and Don Douglas CFH (Don Ricoss) B. Ruth Lucas
***Anteaga MH is out of Gaibana (Genius) and she has produced two advanced dressage horses in Santana MH (Santino) and Ducatti MH (Dancier) whose full sibling Danseur MH was best dressage foal in 2017 as judged by Dr Ludwig Christmann and he has quickly becoming the next star at Team Williamson, now starting at Elementary level. All bred by Matthews Hanoverians.
***Henton Ambience is out of Irish Crystal xx (Bletchencore xx). This mare competed to advanced level dressage in her own right and has since produced some very good showjumpers and eventers with 5* level Henton First Lady (For Edition) competing in the UK, Henton First Edition (For Edition) at 2* level and Henton Exchequer (El Bundy) competing at 135 Showjumping. All bred by Henton Lodge Hanoverians
***River Park Arlington Rhein. is out of Luella (Wohler II) B. Renai Hart. Her family is comprised of two Advanced Dressage mares, River Park Luciana (Lessing) and GSD Lucius (Limonit) B. Greg Smith.
**Andiana is out of Desirable (Dynamit) B. Sylvia Scheufler. She has produced Laila Dawn (Limonit) now successful at Medium Tour level
plus Elvira (El Bundy) at 135 show jumping) B. Ad Astra Hanoverians. Forbes PSH (For Edition) eventing 2*, Saatchi PSH (Stolzenberg) and Logan PSH (Limonit) – both at medium level dressage B Nicolette Rendle.
**Parkridge Aje is from Young Gert xx (Kings Guard xx) and she can claim Parkridge Luke (Londonderry) and Parkridge Limited Edition (Limonit) both at Advanced dressage and Parkridge Windsong (Whisper IV) at Medium dressage. All bred by Carol Eivers.
Another of Carol’s breed is Parkridge Avita that is now the dam of Elite mare and Sports Performance Mare, Parkridge Donnamour (Don Frederico) that did her Mare Performance Test in 2013 then went onto Medium Tour Dressage with Peter Barke and in 2021 she had her registered foal by Furst Romancier.
Further Studbook mares with notable progeny are:
A La Mode (Anamour/Dynamit) B. Katrina Danstead. Now owned by David Woolley, this mare is the dam of World Equestrian Championships representative Jax Johnson (Johnson KWPN)
Stoneylea Anky (Ace of Aces xx) is the dam of Grand Prix dressage horse Stoneylea Lancelot (Limonit)
Stoneylea Aurora (Winnebago) is dam of Stoneylea Lord Locksley (Locksley II) competing at advanced dressage level. Both bred by John and Angela Smith.
Affaire D`Amour (Lavinsky xx) produced medium tour horse Glamour Star (Gymnastik Star) B. Leanne Smith
Alert (Winnebago) produced Waltzingtanz (Wolkentanz II) who then produced Dancealong (Dream Boy) that Susan Tomlin successfully trained to Grand Prix dressage. Both bred by Patricia Dalrymple.