Registration of Mares
The registration of a mare in any section of the mare Studbook can only take place if she fulfills certain criteria.
- She must be three years old or older
- She must have valid pedigree papers issued by the NZHS or other warmblood breed association that is recognized by the VHW, or…
- If she is a Thoroughbred mare, she must have at least four generations of pedigree recognized by the New Zealand Racing Conference.
- She must pass her mare Classification.
- If she has not been DNA tested prior to entry in the broodmare Studbook, this will have to be done before her first foal can be registered.